Saturday, March 5, 2011

Training in the foothills

[caption id="attachment_37" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="grub "][/caption]

One of the great things about living in Portland is the huge number of places to train within a short distance. And one of the key areas of training for me is climbing. Having started out riding in flat Sacramento it took a long time to build up legs capable of tackling anything taller than a highway overpass. Now that I can climb though my next hurdle is learning to descend. I know all the right things to do, keep the bike under me, relax, build up speed, brake at the beginning of a turn release through the rest. But it is much harder to do it in practice. So now I just find myself chugging up hills, and limping back down them burning through brake pads. I feel like I should go descend on grass in the park and make myself fall over a few times, and then maybe I could stop being so scared.

[caption id="attachment_36" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="construction"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_38" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="washington park"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_39" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="offroad"][/caption]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Vegan Sag Wagon Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger