Monday, October 10, 2011

Sleep

I think one of the biggest obstacles I have for getting planned training done is lack of sleep. I have started tracking "other metrics" like sleep quality and over-all feeling (something very important with chronic pains) over at training peaks and have noticed I often rate my sleep quality as below average. A serious issue since some (admittedly small) studies have suggested lack of sleep can be a serious factor for athletic performance. This comes to a head when I try to wake up early to train. I find myself in one of two positions: either training tired (and ineffective) or turning off the alarm and managing to get neither training nor good sleep. I suppose the answer would be shifting things around by either going to sleep early or rescheduling training. But at this point I'm not sure how to make that work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Vegan Sag Wagon Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger