Monday, October 24, 2011

Priorities

My official training season kicks off this week, which means no more randomly missed workouts. For the next four weeks I need to follow the schedule I made alot closer then I have been, at which point I'll move on to the next phase of training and a new schedule/challenge. That being said despite the missed workouts I've been feeling pretty good on the bike recently. On Friday the team ride went up the hill by the zoo and it was significantly easier then the last time I tried it.
The hard part will be making sure that with all the training my commitment to everything else in my life doesn't slip. At this point I'm doing very well in my classes (top 5 in bio, top grade in chem.) Which is making me rethink med school. This is one of the first times in my life I've felt like I can do well enough in the sciences to be a competitive applicant. This will mean that I need to keep my grades high, and that I want to try to not work/ work minimally starting next year. The financial logistics of this are doable, but trying to manage my healthcare needs without insurance will be the hard part.
I've been particularly achy recently (which is maybe related to the weather) and I find myself taking more and more ibuprofen. I'm hoping that once I fill my sulfasalazine prescription that it will bring my pain a little more under control. Right now I find myself truly inspired by the girl riding on the college team who kept up with us on the climbs riding a 30 lb hybrid, especially when I found out she has symptomatic crohn's. It was nice riding with someone whose health problems are more intimidating and is making it work through shear hard work. I figure if she can do it, I can to. Which is an attitude I will need to tackle all the things I'm taking on

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Vegan Sag Wagon Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger