Thursday, October 27, 2011

Intervention

I've been having a sort of rough time this week.

Which is not surprising. Invariably after making big decisions I find myself grappling with all the logistics involved in those decisions. This week both my Chem and Bio teachers talked about research programs, which are things I would love to do and would help my med school app, but I'm not sure how to make it work. I also had several of the docs be very supportive of my med school decision, an suggest that I should become a scribe, a job I would love to have, but if I did that then I would lose my benefits, something that feels overwhelmingly unrealistic. We had a team meeting this week where we talked about the race weekends, which sound awesome. But at the same time I'm not sure that logistically I can actually go on any of them. On top of all that I overheard two of the charge nurses at work bitching about my extra day off. Which makes me plan to take math next quarter seem impossible.

It probably doesn't help that I was already feeling behind with 2 missed work out already this week, and a weekend looming where I need to write most of an 8 page paper, study for a Chem quiz, take one of the dogs for a vet appointment, attend a 3 hour team ride, an still try to ind some time to spend with my wife.

I guess I struggle with feeling like I'm not able to commit and do my best at the things I'm pursuing, which makes me feel like I need to just give up or lower my expectations. Which is a hard feeling to have.

1 comments:

Jeanean Falletti said...

If you don't take care of yourself you won't be able to do any of the things you want or need to do. Sometimes you have to do "good enough" instead of "great" to survive with your psyche intact. Stay strong young man and remeber you have a good wife and many friends. Let people help you and ignore resentful naysayers. You are an amazing young man. Hang in there.

Post a Comment

 

Vegan Sag Wagon Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger